Friday, March 11, 2011

Orchids from Mom's Garden


I'm a pretty lucky florist to have access to some amazingly beautiful flowers locally grown in my Mother's garden. She spends a great deal of time and love making it such a special place and this won't be the last time I share some of her beautiful flowers...



Other than her amazing plumerias (for which she has been written up in San Diego Home and Garden Magazine), cymbidium orchids are her showcase flower. Here are some amazing colors that she has blooming now...



For those of you who have tried to grow cymbidiums (like myself) you may find that they don't spike often or prolifically, or that you get snails which eat holes in your blooms.


I sometimes buy the whole plant when arranging a wedding and have long given up on taking care of it after I cut the spikes. Instead I give them to my mom to tend and care for and sometimes I come back to the plant the following year for another springtime wedding!

Coming soon... My Blog to be linked to my website at http://www.flowersbyerin.com/

(thanks Julie!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment